Monday, February 20, 2012

Temple dedication:)

Hola mi familia!How is everyone doing this week?? I hope fantastic! I dont have time to read everyone's emails but thank you so much for all the emails. Although it takes up time reading them, it is so nice to get them! So first really quick... just fyi the mission is keeping all packages that come before christmas. Mom you package came but they wont give it to me... i even bribed my zone leader with cookies and he still didn't get it... but for sure it is here so you don't have to worry! Dad, not sure if yours with candy came ( I HOPE SO!) but it is probably the same situation... it came but the mission is keeping it for our christmas party on the 22nd of december. Jordy! YEAH! You are in the MTC! How exciting! I loved getting your email and the pic mom sent me! I hope all is well and I cant wait to read your email... I will have to respond next week! Sounds like you are good though!! I LOVE YOU!So this was an exciting but sad week... sad because we didn't get to meet president uchtdorf... all the other central america temples the member of the first presidency has had a meeting with the missionaries, but not this one. I was bumbed but I know he did what heavenly father wanted him to do while he was here. We didn't get to go to the cultural celebration like everybody thought we'd be able to but hna smith and I were so lucky and got to see about 1500 of the youth in their outfits for the activity. So that was neat seeing all their clothes and stuff! I also sent my camera with a member so she took lots of pictures that I havent even looked at yet! Hopefully they are fun to see. We hardly took pictures of us this week so we need to be better at that! So fun things of the temple dedication weekend. Hna Uchtdorf told a man that they ran into that she loved his shirt... the man took the shirt off and gave it to her. Then as they were leaving the cultural activity somebody threw a package in the car and it had a hand sewn bag it it... president uchtdorf was touched by the generosity and humility of these people. He was apparently dancing the the xela theme song luna de xelaju (moon of xela) and everybody loved that! They had a cornerstone something or other for the first session. President uchtdorf and elder anderson and the other general authorities that were there took turns putting the cement up. Then after they finished he invited some of the children and teenagers in the audience to come and do it as well. Hna Coti, a sister in our ward, had my camera and they ended up calling her son up and they got some really great and fun pictures. I am not sure I understood correctly but I think this temple is the first to have this kind of stone. THey supposedly put all the interviews they did at the open house(mine included!) in the box and sealed it shut. Not sure but I think that is what they said.So they sang a special hymn that has only been sung in the kirtland and salt lake temple dedications so that was exciting. There are only three countries in all of South america that have more than one temple. Mexico brazil and now GUATEMALA! YEAH!!! Very exciting and crazy because it is such a small country. The people here are truly special and you wouldn't believe how very true the prophecies are in the book of mormon about these people having visions... some of the dreams these people have are INSANE and I dont know about any of you but I have never had a dream like theirs... for instance seeing their father accept the baptism that was performed for him in the temple. Really special and neat to take part in this. We were able to go to all three dedicatory sessions so that was really nice. The words were all great and I was thankful that nobody translated at the same time president uchtdorf was talking. Somebody had to translate for him but he would talk and then theyd translate. Did you know elder anderson speaks spanish? Pretty neat huh? So the three sessions were great and president bautista got to be in the celestial room for the last session. His wife told us this morning it was really neat and that they got to meet president uchtdorf and his wife. A very exciting weekend for xela ju:) I don't think I fully appreciate what it means for these people to have their own temple here, but they are very grateful and many were very emotional at the dedication. Many of these people traveled from here to mesa arizona with beans and bread... all by foot. They are truly pioneers! We are so very blessed to be so close to the temples here.Anyway hopefully you enjoy the pictures... time is up unfortunately!! I love you all so much and cant wait to talk to you on christmas. zach and karli ENJOY YOUR CRUISE! Zach CONGRATS ON GRADUATION!!!! How exciting that you are going to finish!!! Very proud of you! Thank you so much for all the packages you have all sent! I will make sure and let you all know when I get them. Training is going good, we are doing well and have our first baptism this weekend!!! Cecilia! She is very prepared... last night we taught her the law of chastity and her drunk neighbor and wife came over to join us and lets just say words cant describe how interesting that lesson was haha. But cecilia accepted and we are pretty much set for her baptism. I cant wait to send pics of her and her little boy... he is adorable and his name is jordy:) Loved that!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Have a great week and cant wait to hear from you next week!Love, Hna nelson

1 comment:

  1. If you would like an alternative to casually dating girls and trying to find out the right thing to do...

    If you would rather have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in noisy bars and nightclubs...

    Then I encourage you to view this eye-opening video to find out a strange secret that might get you your personal harem of beautiful women:

    Facebook Seduction System...

    ReplyDelete